IELTS General Reading 9 - Passage 1
Look at the
contents page from a booklet on living in Australia.
Write the appropriate page numbers in boxes 1-5 on your answer sheet.
Which page should you refer to if you
1) need to help a grandparent travel to Australia for a holiday with you?
2) would like to know how old your son should be to learn to drive?
3) are having an argument with your landlord?
4) wish to enrol a relative on a carpentry course?
5) want to have your family's teeth checked?
Look at the information from a
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the passage?
In boxes 6-10 on your answer sheet, write
|TRUE||if the statement is true according to the passage|
|FALSE||if the statement is false according to the passage|
|NOT GIVEN||if the information is not given in the passage|
6) The best day to look in the newspaper for a job is Saturday.
7) You can use the Job Network without being registered with Centrelink.
8) Some employment counsellors are specially trained to deal with new residents.
9) It is best to contact one of the Intensive Support Services if you need financial help while setting up a company.
10) Job Network Agencies charge a small fee for use of their facilities.
IELTS Test Tip
When answering short-answer questions, you do not need to write full sentences or join words together. Look at this example.
Answer the question with NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS from the reading passage.
What TWO colours did the painter use?
Answer: black, white (not black
Read the information about a
new fitness centre.
Complete the table below.
Choose NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS from the passage for each answer.
Write your answers in boxes 11-14 on your answer sheet.
|Activity||Starting time||Need to bring|
|pre-school swimming||10.00 am||
|Show Answers - Hide Answers|