IELTS Reading 2 - Passage 2
Reading Tip: Matching Information
the key words in each question.
2) Start with Paragraph A and decide if it contains information which matches a question.If there is no match, go on to the next paragraph.
3) Your answers should be A, B, C etc.: dont write line numbers or anything else.
4) Unless the instructions tell you that you can use any letter more than once, make sure all your answers are different.
Passage 2 has nine paragraphs, A-I.
Which paragraph contains the following information?
Write the correct letter A-I in boxes 14-19 on your answer sheet.
14) a biological explanation of the teacher-subjects' behaviour
15) the explanation Milgram gave the teacher-subjects for the experiment
16) the identity of the pupils
17) the expected statistical outcome
18) the general aim of sociobiological study
19) the way Milgram persuaded the teacher-subjects to continue
Choose the correct letter, A, B,
C or D.
Write your answers in boxes 20-22 on your answer sheet.
|20)||The teacher-subjects were told that they were testing whether|
|A a 450-volt shock was dangerous.|
|B punishment helps learning.|
|C the pupils were honest.|
|D they were suited to teaching.|
|21)||The teacher-subjects were instructed to|
|A stop when a pupil asked them to.|
|B denounce pupils who made mistakes.|
|C reduce the shock level after a correct answer.|
|D give punishment according to a rule.|
|22)||Before the experiment took place the psychiatrists|
|A believed that a shock of 150 volts was too dangerous.|
|B failed to agree on how the teacher-subjects would respond to instructions.|
|C underestimated the teacher-subjects' willingness to comply with experimental procedure.|
|D thought that many of the teacher-subjects would administer a shock of 450 volts.|
Do the following statements agree with the information given
In boxes 23-26 on your answer sheet, write
|TRUE||if the statement is true according to the passage|
|FALSE||if the statement is false according to the passage|
|NOT GIVEN||if the information is not given in the passage|
23) Several of the subjects were psychology students at Yale University.
24) Some people may believe that the teacher-subjects' behaviour could be explained as a positive survival mechanism.
25) In a sociological explanation, personal values are more powerful than authority.
26) Milgram's experiment solves an importapt question in sociobiology.