IELTS Reading Sample (General) #5
The text above has six descriptions
of places to visit in the same city, A-F.
Which description mentions the following information?
Write the correct letter, A-F, in boxes 1-8 on your answer sheet.
NB You may use any answer more than once.
1) clothes that well-known people have worn
2) a display that cannot be seen yet
3) people who talk in an entertaining way
4) the museum having just reopened
5) a building that has changed its function several times
6) furniture of the same kind that was used when the building was new
7) being open for tours on certain days of the week
8) a special event to mark an anniversary
- Underline the key words in the questions and use these to find the right part of the passage (even a NOT GIVEN statement will be based on something in the passage).
- For a TRUE answer, make sure that the information in the passage exactly matches the idea in the statement.
- For a FALSE answer, make sure that the statement contradicts the information in the passage.
- For a NOT GIVEN answer, you should be able to find the topic of the statement in the passage but nothing on what is said about this topic.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in Reading Passage 1?
In boxes 9-14 on your answer sheet, write
|TRUE||if the statement is true according to the passage|
|FALSE||if the statement is false according to the passage|
|NOT GIVEN||if the information is not given in the passage|
9) You can work through parts of a course more than once.
10) The number of courses offered by LearnEnglish has increased enormously.
11) Many staff members have worked through a LearnEnglish course themselves.
12) You may have to pay to take a LearnEnglish course.
13) Everybody takes the same taster lesson.
14) LearnEnglish centres are open seven days a week.