IELTS Reading Sample (Academic) #8
Test Tip: Multiple choice
1) Use key ideas in the question to find the right place in tha passage.
2) Read that part of the passage and underline the words which answer the question.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in Reading Passage 1.
In boxes 1-6 on your answer sheet, write
|TRUE||if the statement is true according to the passage|
|FALSE||if the statement is false according to the passage|
|NOT GIVEN||if the information is not given in the passage|
1) The film industry does not make films
2) Scientists do not work in unison when deciding what needs to be researched.
3) Parents want to have cloned children now.
4) Technology was important before the development of science.
5) Many people consider cloning to be undesirable.
6) Science and Technology must be seen as separate entities.
Choose NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS from the
passage for your answer.
What influenced the eugenics movement
when they were summarizing the findings of their research? 7)
Choose ONE phrase from the list of phrases
A - H below to complete each of the following sentences.
Write the appropriate letters in boxes 8-11 on your answer sheet.
|List of Phrases|
|A work in groups in an unethical way|
|В was responsible for helping to develop basic trades and skills|
|С scientists are portrayed as being irreligious|
|D does not make moral judgements|
|E become involved in hazardous research|
|F scientists are seen to interfere with nature|
|G does not help us to understand how the world works|
|H is more concerned with ethics than research|
8) In literature
11) Rarely do scientists
Choose the best answer А, В, С or D.
12) According to the writer, Science shows us
|A our position in the universe.|
|B how intelligence affects our behavior.|
|C what the world is really like.|
|D scientists have special social obligations.|