IELTS General Reading 1 - Passage 1
To help you prepare for the Reading test, try not to look up every word in a dictionary when you are reading a passage. Limit yourself to only ten words and try to work out the meaning of any other words from context.
Do the following statements agree with the information given
in the text.
In boxes 1-7 on your answer sheet, write
|TRUE||if the statement is true according to the passage|
|FALSE||if the statement is false according to the passage|
|NOT GIVEN||if the information is not given in the passage|
1) Women's cotton socks cost less than
2) Men's silk shirts are available in more than five colours.
3) Children's 7-shirts come in a variety of colours.
4) The child's jacket has four pockets.
5) If you buy clothes worth $80 in August, you will receive a free alarm clock.
6) The charge for special next-day delivery in Australia is $7.95.
7) All clothing is guaranteed to arrive within two months.
The list of
New Book Releases on the following page has nine book descriptions A-I.
Choose the correct title for each book from the list of book titles below.
Write the correct number i-xi in boxes 8-14 on your answer sheet.
|List of Book Titles|
|i||Field Guide to Native Birds of Australia|
|ii||The Bush on Two Wheels: 100 Top Rides|
|iii||Bush Foods of Australian Aborigines|
|iv||A Pictorial History of the Dinosaur in Australia|
|v||Bushwalking in Australia|
|vii||Driving Adventures for 4-wheel-drive Vehicles|
|viii||Survival Techniques in the Wild|
|ix||Encyclopaedia of Australian Wildlife|
|x||Guide to the Art of the Australian Desert|
|xi||Field Guide to Animals of the World|