IELTS Reading - Passage 3
Passage 3 has seven paragraphs, A-G.
Which paragraph contains the following information?
Write the correct letter A-G in boxes 27-31 on your answer sheet.
NB You may use any letter more than once.
27) how AI might have a military impact
28) the fact that AI brings together a range of separate research areas
29) the reason why AI has become a common topic of conversation again
30) how AI could help deal with difficulties related to the amount of information available electronically
31) where the expression AI was first used
Throughout the exam, you need to make sure you rely on the information in the passages, not on your own ideas. This is especially important with this type of question: never be tempted to reflect your own opinion, always consider only what is in the text.
Do the following statements agree with the information given
In boxes 32-37 on your answer sheet, write
|TRUE||if the statement is true according to the passage|
|FALSE||if the statement is false according to the passage|
|NOT GIVEN||if the information is not given in the passage|
32) The researchers who launched the field of AI had worked together on other projects in the past.
33) In 1985, AI was at its lowest point.
34) Research into agent technology was more costly than research into neural networks.
35) Applications of AI have already had a degree of success.
36) The problems waiting to be solved by AI have not changed since 1967.
37) The film 2001: A Space Odyssey reflected contemporary ideas about the potential of AI computers.
Choose the correct
letter, A, B, C or D.
Write your answers in boxes 38-40 on your answer sheet.
38) According to researchers, in the late 1980s there was a feeling that
A a general theory of AI would never be developed.
B original expectations of AI may not have been justified.
C a wide range of applications was close to fruition.
D more powerful computers were the key to further progress.
39) In Dr Leake's opinion, the reputation of AI suffered as a result of
A changing perceptions.
B premature implementation.
C poorly planned projects.
D commercial pressures.
40) The prospects for AI may benefit from
A existing AI applications.
B new business models.
C orders from Internet-only companies.
D new investment priorities.