IELTS Speaking : Suggested Questions : Part 1
The questions in Part 1 are on three familiar topic areas. The first topic will be Studies, Work or Where you live. Your answers are from your life and experience. There is no right or wrong answer.
- Could you show me your identification card please?
- Could you tell me your full name please?
- What shall I call you?
- Does your name have any special meaning?
- Why do so many people change their names?
- Is your name important to you?
Hometown or birth place
- Where do you come from?
- Where do you live?
- Can you tell me something about your hometown?
- Can you tell me some famous landscapes or scenic spots in your hometown?
- Can you tell me some history of your hometown?
Personal background and information
- Are you a student or do you have a job?
- What do you like most about your study?
- What kind of job do you prefer after graduation?
- What is your major?
- What do you do for living?
- Could you tell me a typical day of yours?
- How do you get your job?
- Are you satisfied with your job?
- What do you like most about your job?
- What kind of job do you prefer in the future?
Hobby or inclination
- What do you usually do in your spare time?
- Do you prefer to stay alone or with your friends?
- What do you usually do on weekends and weekdays?
- What do you usually do when you go out?
- What do you usually do with your friends?
- Do you like reading?
- What kind of books do you like best?
- Do you like English? Why or why not?
- What do you think of the importance of English?
- What are good hobbies and bad hobbies? Why?
- Why do you take the IELTS test?
- What are you planning to do in the next five years?
- What are you planning to do in the next ten years?
- What is the first thing you will do when you arrive at the new place?