IELTS Speaking Test #1
- Please come in and take a seat. I can see your name here. What would you like me to call you?
- Well, can I see your passport, please? I need to look at it for security purposes.
- Thank you.
- Where do you come from? Tell me about your country.
- What is your general opinion about your home town?
- What are the things of interest in that place?
- Do you live with your family?
- What do your parents do?
- Would you like to do the same job as your parents?
- Do you have a large or small family?
- Who does most of the shopping in your family?
- Do you enjoy shopping?
- Do you work at the moment?
- Have you ever had any other jobs?
- How will IELTS help you in the future?
- What are your main interests?
- What other indoor activities do you enjoy?
- How would you describe your life style?
- What is life like for you in your home town?
- Are you married?
- Are you happy with your marital life?
Try to discuss points about marriage ceremony. You should include:
- what happens at a typical wedding ceremony in your country?
- how is it different from a typical wedding in Britain?
- do you have any memories of .your / your friend's wedding ceremony?
- What roles do men / women typically play in families in your country?
- How different is your life from the lives of your parents / grandparents?
- How have these roles changed recently?
- Entertainment is a very important part of our lives. Most people listen to the radio or watch television. How did people entertain themselves before these things came into existence?
- Do you think radio and television have had a positive effect on the world?
- Has television stopped family members from communicating with each other?
- Is there too much violence on television these days?
- Does violence on television or on video contribute to violence in society?
- Thank you and good luck.